Subscribe to RSS Feed

Teaser Tuesday!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 by Mikey

Whoa, it's actually Tuesday this time! Hahaha. This is also an excerpt from Chapter 1, like the last one, and it almost picks up where it left off, but I left out the exciting stuff. Lol. Totally backward, I know, but here you go!


“Callie?”

A voice sounded and then feet started running toward her, but she didn’t move. There was no danger of anything happening now, and putting her cold hands on her face was the only thing keeping her awake.

“Callie... what are you doing?” The voice sounded like it was right next to her now, and the footsteps stopped.

“What does it look like I’m doing, Anselm?” She said, still trying to catch her breath. “I’m sitting in the snow!”

“Well I can see that…” He said, circling her body. “What I meant was… what were you doing running for your life out of the forest just now?

Without notice, Callie pulled herself up out of the snow and started walking away from Anselm.

“Wow, I can't believe you,” She said, trying to walk as fast as her legs would let her. They felt flimsy under the weight of her body. "You basically force me to go in there for you, and you're asking me what I was doing?"

"Oh, so you actually did it?" He said, sounding surprised. "What did you find?"

"Eh, it's not really important," she said. "But something crazy just happened in there Anselm... something... unreal."

"Who-o-o-a... what was it?"

"Guess you'll just have to wait," she said, laughing.

“Come on, Callie, you tell me everything,” He said, increasing his pace to keep up with her. His strides were much longer given the size of his legs in comparison to Callie’s.

“Well… as far as you know,” she said. A small smirk crept onto her face.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Anselm said. He sounded upset, but Callie knew that it wouldn’t last.

She ignored his last comment and stopped. She looked straight at him with a stern look on her face. “All right, Anselm… I’ll tell you.”

“Oh, thank you,” he said. A sigh escaped from his mouth and his expression changed from vexed to satisfied.

“After we get off work for the day,” she said, walking again.

“What!?” He said, struggling. “But that’s hours from now! And I haven't even picked any berries yet...”

“If I tell you, I’m gonna have to tell Joelle, so I might as well just wait and tell you both at the same time.”

“All right, fine…” Anselm said sounding defeated.

“Actually, I should probably tell Roger too, and he doesn’t get back until tonight…” Callie said.

“Are you serious?”

“Aww, Anselm, cheer up, I was just joking with you,” Callie said, shaking her head. “Joelle went out early this morning, so she'll probably get to go to lunch by the time we get back to Athalka. Let’s see if she’s at the cafĂ©. I can tell you both there.”

3 comments:

  1. Race
    March 9, 2010 at 7:03 PM

    Oooh, I'm liking the relationship here. Very real.

  1. Mikey
    March 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM

    Thanks! I kind of felt like it was cliche, I don't know. I really wanna polish it up during the re-write. I was too lazy when I posted.

    xD

  1. jas
    June 27, 2010 at 10:32 PM

    ^_^ i liked the flash fiction(?), its the nifty technique popular writers use to make you keep turning the page haha, i'm gonna remember that one

    jasonhsiao11@gmail.com

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm seventeen, living in Colorado. An aspiring writer. I try but fail most times. I'd like to think I pick myself up and keep going though. I have a fetish for the human spirit and abuse it as much as I can in my stories just to show how strong people can be. Lame, I know. I really like Imogen Heap, Lost, Grilled Cheese, Fantasy in general, and movies. I want to learn more about directing, producing, acting, and all that jazz eventually.

Followers