Subscribe to RSS Feed

Finding the Words to Say

Friday, March 5, 2010 by Mikey


I'm am in an enormous slump right now. It's draining me from the coooreee. I want to slash it with an axe, but I don't think I'm lucky enough to receive that honor. Definitely not that privileged.





I'm starting to wonder whether or not I'm actually a good writer, or just a good story-teller. That's even a stretch. I wouldn't really say that I'm a good anything. It's just strange to me, because most times, I know exactly what's going to happen, yet I sit there with the word document open and that little cursor blinking away. That's all it ever does. It's like it's laughing at me or something.

So what's really causing this sudden lack of ability to write? I honestly can't answer that. All I know, is that I get this way sometimes. That document just looks like a bunch of words that I stringed together. And I don't even know why.

Luckily it's just a phase, but still, it lingers for far too long, in my opinion. Hopefully this next week will see the death of it.

BECAUSE IT'S MAKIN' MEH ANGREH.

/rant post.

=]

3 comments:

  1. Malika Horton
    March 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

    You'll get through the rough patch. It happens to everyone! :)

  1. Emilia Plater
    March 7, 2010 at 8:52 PM

    I know the feeling... forgetting how to write! It's very frustrating. My recommendation would be to start reading a lot... I know when I read, the writing starts coming more easily. Good luck Mikey :D

  1. Mikey
    March 8, 2010 at 9:23 PM

    That's actually a pretty good idea, haha. I have City of Ashes sitting on my desk, I just haven't cracked it open yet. AP LANG. CURSE YOU.

    Thanks, guys!

    =]

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm seventeen, living in Colorado. An aspiring writer. I try but fail most times. I'd like to think I pick myself up and keep going though. I have a fetish for the human spirit and abuse it as much as I can in my stories just to show how strong people can be. Lame, I know. I really like Imogen Heap, Lost, Grilled Cheese, Fantasy in general, and movies. I want to learn more about directing, producing, acting, and all that jazz eventually.

Followers