Subscribe to RSS Feed

Like a Star

Monday, February 22, 2010 by Mikey

So, I basically need to stop being a lazy person and start blogging more. Because I realized that out of all the twifities, you guys all probably know the least about me out of everybody. That's just kind of how I am, I guess. I don't know if that's negative or positive or neutral or whatever.


Today, however, is a good day indeed, haha. I'm feeling under the weather just a little, but that's not gonna stop me from being happy, especially when I receive an award from another twiftie.



I guess I should follow-suit and do my ten things, so here goes.

  1. Writing. Okay, that's totally cliche, but it's like... what do you expect! I don't know if I ever feel better than when I write something that I can be proud of. Not like that happens often, but still!
  2. Music. I really wonder sometimes whether I would rather be blind or deaf, and I've found that's it's an absurdly hard question to answer. God forbid I would ever have to choose... because music is an absolute necessity in life, even if you don't realize, haha.
  3. Movies. Now I don't enjoy the fact that TV rots your brain and everything, but I think that a really good movie with a life lesson can be just as valuable to people as books, especially since they're a quicker way to get things across. Okay, well maybe not AS valuable as books - but still, there's an art to film-making that's really amazing to me.
  4. Reading. I feel bad; I definitely do not do as much reading as I should. I'm a writer, so I shouldn't expect people to read my book if I'm not going to do the same. I'm one of those patience people; if I can't get something done right away, I basically write it off and never come back. Recently though, I've been setting aside time for myself to read, and it is really one of the most enjoyable things there is.
  5. Like a Star. I don't think I've ever been more in love with a song.
  6. Fantasy. I think fantasy is one of those things where, you either understand it or you don't. Which is really sad because, while magic is amazing and everything, that's not all that fantasy is, and whenever I hear some random Joe in my school bashing my genre... I get a little indignant.
  7. Actually Blogging. The feeling I get when I actually blog is kind of the feeling I get when I finish a chapter and click on the big red X on the top of the document. It's really satisfying. Just a feeling of... completion. I don't know. Like it's all not a never-ending process. There are oases along the way.
  8. Health. You don't really appreciate it when it's there, but when it's gone you're like, "WHY!!!?"
  9. Cookies and Cream anything. There is ice cream sitting in the freezer right now and I am about to jump off a cliff because I can't eat it. THAT'S HOW EXTREME IT IS.
  10. Absolute Write. Unfortunately, I don't really have time to get on AW every day, but when I do, it's always a better day. I can't believe how much it has helped me as a writer even though I'm hardly active and have only been around for a little under a year. This includes you twifties! TWFT is like the only thread I post in, hahaha. =]
So, now I pass the award on? Um... I would definitely pass it on to Bailey at Abyss, but giving it back to the person who sent it to you is a little redundant, isn't it? You definitely deserve it though.

I guess I have two people in mind at this point.

Karla, over at Creative Blossoms, and Emilia, at punk writer kid.

Both of you guys are really, really great writers and I know you're going to make it one day. We all will.

=]

5 comments:

  1. bclement412
    February 22, 2010 at 9:35 PM

    Haha aw thanks, you deserve it too :D

    And cookies and cream=a little bit of heaven on earth. YUM. YUM. YUM.

  1. Karla Calalang
    February 22, 2010 at 9:58 PM

    Omg thank you!

    I am just in total shock! I didn't think I was that great hehe

    But that's me being way too modest for my own good lol

  1. Emilia Plater
    February 23, 2010 at 8:48 PM

    Totally get you with the reading thing. I need to read more books. It's a problem, haha. Thanks so much for the award! <33 Loved the rest of your facts... you are awesome :D

  1. Mikey
    February 25, 2010 at 11:33 AM

    WHOA. I DON'T KNOW HOW I FORGOT LOST.

    That would probably be the real number seven.

    And you guys are definitely welcome, you deserve it!

    =]

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm seventeen, living in Colorado. An aspiring writer. I try but fail most times. I'd like to think I pick myself up and keep going though. I have a fetish for the human spirit and abuse it as much as I can in my stories just to show how strong people can be. Lame, I know. I really like Imogen Heap, Lost, Grilled Cheese, Fantasy in general, and movies. I want to learn more about directing, producing, acting, and all that jazz eventually.

Followers